The November 8th, 2012 downtown meeting for the Chicago Chapter of the Society of Information Management will include the election of the SIM Board Secretary. Additionally, there will be a vote to support amended By...
SIM International (SIMI) is an association of senior IT executives, prominent academicians, selected consultants, and other IT thought leaders built on the foundation of local chapters, who come together to share and enhance their rich intellectual capital for the benefit of its members and their organizations.
SIM members strongly believe in and champion:
- The alignment of IT and business as a valued partnership
- The creation and sharing of best practices
- The effective, efficient and innovative business use of information technology to continuously bring to market valuable products and services
- IT management and leadership skills development that enables our members growth at each stage of their career
- The replenishment and education of future IT leaders including a strong role in influencing university curriculums and continuing education
- Working with the IT industry to shape its direction
- Policies and legislation that stimulate innovation, economic development, healthy competition and IT job creation
- Serving our communities and the industry through giving and outreach
In addition to the local chapter programs, SIM International provides programs and knowledge sharing at the national level:
- SIMposium, the annual, national conference
- Online interaction via social media with other IT professionals
- Online library of papers, presentations and webinars
- Academic programs and competitions
- The Advanced Practices Council
- Issues Advocacy
- Partner Programs for research and service providers
- The Regional Leadership Forums, SIM’s time tested and proven process to help member companies build strong leadership teams.
You can view all of the information about SIM International here.
On May 21, Paul Risk, Chief Global Architect of The Warranty Group, talked to the SIM membership about Partnership, Persuasion, and Politics. He shared his own experiences in organizations from small to large, and he...
I would first like to welcome all of our new members to the Chicago Chapter. You are part of an incredible network of Premier Technology Executives in the Chicago area, and we want you to take full advantage of the...