SIM Chicago was founded in 1968, and remains one of the largest chapters of SIM in the United States.
SIM Chicago provides a unique opportunity to interact with thought leaders throughout the technology and business fields and to join peers in giving back to the industry and community. SIM Chicago fully supports all of the SIM International organization's initiatives as well as its own efforts which include but are not limited to the following:
- Network with senior IT executives from industry, government, non-profit, and academic sectors.
- Enjoy a variety of events that are scheduled from September through May that feature nationally recognized thought leaders, chosen by practitioners to challenge and expand your understanding of how technology can address challenging business issues. The events focus on real world experiences, insights from industry pundits, academic research, technology innovation, and the impact of technology on the community.
- Participate, if qualified, in CIO-only sponsored events to expand your reach with other senior leaders.
- Raise funds for selected charities through our annual golf tournament, dinners, and other social and honorary events.
- Receive invitations and discounts to other technology programs offered by our partners and friends across Chicagoland.
- Contribute to discussions between educators and industry leaders regarding future staffing needs in the technology field (underprivileged young adults, local middle and high schools, and universities).
- Access all of the SIM International benefits.