The November 8th, 2012 downtown meeting for the Chicago Chapter of the Society of Information Management will include the election of the SIM Board Secretary. Additionally, there will be a vote to support amended By...
The Chicago chapter of SIM is one of the largest chapters in the association with more than 200 members. SIM Chicago provides a unique opportunity to interact with thought leaders throughout the technology and business fields and to join peers in giving back to the industry and community. SIM Chicago fully supports all of the SIM International organization's initiatives as well as its own efforts which include but are not limited to the following:
- Network with senior IT executives from industry, government, non-profit, and academic sectors.
- Enjoy a variety of events that are scheduled from September through May that feature nationally recognized thought leaders, chosen by practitioners to challenge and expand your understanding of how technology can address challenging business issues. The events focus on real world experiences, insights from industry pundits, academic research, technology innovation, and the impact of technology on the community. Learn more about all of the upcoming events here.
- Participate, if qualified, in CIO-only sponsored events to expand your reach with other senior leaders.
- Raise funds for selected charities through our annual golf tournament, dinners, and other social and honorary events. Learn more
- Receive invitations and discounts to other technology programs offered by our partners and friends across Chicagoland. Learn more
- Contribute to discussions between educators and industry leaders regarding future staffing needs in the technology field (underprivileged young adults, local middle and high schools, and universities).
- Access all of the SIM International benefits. Learn more
SIM Chicago Chapter Organization and Structure
On May 21, Paul Risk, Chief Global Architect of The Warranty Group, talked to the SIM membership about Partnership, Persuasion, and Politics. He shared his own experiences in organizations from small to large, and he...
April showers have brought May flowers, and spring seems finally to have sprung. After a long, cold Chicago winter the warm weather has arrived. It’s time for the bare branches to turn green, for the sealed windows to be...